Saturday, March 10, 2012

Review:Unearthly


Unearthly (Unearthly #1)
 Blurb:
In the beginning, there's a boy standing in the trees . . . .
Clara Gardner has recently learned that she's part angel. Having angel blood run through her veins not only makes her smarter, stronger, and faster than humans (a word, she realizes, that no longer applies to her), but it means she has a purpose, something she was put on this earth to do. Figuring out what that is, though, isn't easy.
Her visions of a raging forest fire and an alluring stranger lead her to a new school in a new town. When she meets Christian, who turns out to be the boy of her dreams (literally), everything seems to fall into place—and out of place at the same time. Because there's another guy, Tucker, who appeals to Clara's less angelic side.
As Clara tries to find her way in a world she no longer understands, she encounters unseen dangers and choices she never thought she'd have to make—between honesty and deceit, love and duty, good and evil. When the fire from her vision finally ignites, will Clara be ready to face her destiny?
Unearthly is a moving tale of love and fate, and the struggle between following the rules and following your heart.
Source: Personal Copy
My Thoughts:
I have been meaning to pick up  this book for so long  because of the glowing reviews I've been reading  EVERYWHERE! I'm glad that I've finally read it! 

I liked this book.I'm not in love with it but it was an entertaining read.I loved the relationship Clara had with her mother it's nice that her mother was in the loop even though sometimes I felt as if the she was pushing Clara towards her "destiny". I also liked the fact that the sibling wasn't completely ignored and his presence was felt.

Lets Talk Characters

Clara
I have mixed feelings toward her.I liked her  but sometimes I just wanted her to grow a backbone ( especially towards the whole "destiny" thing). Most of the time I could connect with her and that's something I really liked about this book! Even though Clara's part angel .. she makes mistakes , embarrasses herself etc.You can easily relate,sympathize and fall in love with her. 


Tucker
I LOVE THIS GUY! I want a Team Tucker badge!!(If anyone knows where we can get one PLEASE TELL ME!)
Tucker is normal and irritating (towards Clara ) but that's what I love about this guy.He's NORMAL and such a patient guy.He's also pretty sarcastic (at times).Need I say more?



“Tucker," I say. "I'm so glad you're still here." 
I throw myself into his arms. He hugs me tightly. 
"I couldn't leave," he says. 
"I know." 
"I mean, literally. I don't have a ride.” 

Christian
I was not impressed by this guy. I think the main reason could be because we didn't really get a peek into his personality.He was supposed to be the main character but he just disappeared towards the  middle of the book.Also he seemed like a typical popular guy ...I have a hard time believing that this guy is supposed to be Tucker's rival for Clara's affection! I mean I didn't think this guy was even fighting for her affections but maybe this will change in book 2 ...

I think the main reason I've not fallen in LOVE with this book is because the villains didn't scare or even frighten me . I also felt as if the real story started in  the last few chapters.

Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed this book and found it to be an interesting ,light and entertaining read.I look forward to reading the sequel (Hallowed)

My Rating:
3.5/5

Great Fun.

Looking Forward to the sequel.



*This book counts towards the 2012 TBR challenge.

3 comments:

  1. I completely agree with your point on the villains and the story and Christian. The villain and story thing... Again an issue (for me at least) in the sequel, but the Christian thing--that gets resolved when his personality is developed in Hallowed. I hope you enjoy Hallowed though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Refreshingly honest review. This book has been in my queue for a while now, so I may pick it up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this book. to be said this is my first angel novel. I just can't put it down and just flew through it. very captivating. tucker is so gorgeous!

    -wni

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and your blog link(if you have one).I LOVE comments!! I read all the comments on my blog and will try to pay a visit to your blog :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...