Sunday, June 10, 2012

Review:Storm by Brigid Kemmerer


 Earth, Fire, Air, Water – they have more power than you dream.

Ever since her ex-boyfriend spread those lies about her, Becca Chandler is suddenly getting all the guys—all the ones she doesn't want. Then she saves Chris Merrick from a beating in the school parking lot. Chris is different. Way different: he can control water—just like his brothers can control fire, wind, and earth. They’re powerful. Dangerous. Marked for death.

And now that she knows the truth, so is Becca.

Secrets are hard to keep when your life’s at stake. When Hunter, the mysterious new kid around school, turns up with a talent for being in the wrong place at the right time, Becca thinks she can trust him. But then Hunter goes head-to-head with Chris, and Becca wonders who’s hiding the most dangerous truth of all.

The storm is coming . . .


Source: Bought


My Thoughts:


I loved this book.


As soon as I saw that there were 4 HOT GUYS (actually 5 if you count Michael ) in this book  I was in but I also had this sinking feeling in my gut because I knew this was too good to be true...


Assumptions that I had made before reading this book...

  • Becca has 'feelings' for all four guys and all 4 guys will be fighting for her love
  • 4 hot guys is just a ploy ..It'll actually just focus on 1 or 2 hot guys and the others will just be in the background ,barely noticeable
  • 2 brothers start developing feelings for Becca .One will hate her and one will openly go after her.Hunter will add to the mix
  • Becca will be a lame girl falling prey to her hormones and will jump on any of the four guys who fancies her.
I am happy to say that NONE my assumptions came true.NONE.

All the characters were fleshed out and I'm happy to say that all 5 HOT GUYS have a role to play in this book and their presence was felt.Usually if there's more than one guy in a book it turns out to be a love triangle or square but even though there's a love triangle in this one it doesn't seem forced and I got a good look at all 4 brothers and Hunter.I feel as if I actually know all of them .

Chris,Gabriel,Nick and Michael are the Merrick brothers. Each brother has a power connected to one of the elements.(Cool right!?). Hunter is the new kid who may or may not be hiding something and has caught Becca's eye .Even though Chris was the main  character ...I think out of all the guys I liked Nick best.I can't explain it I just did.

Becca as a main character was someone I really liked.She did not jump on anyone and didn't fall into the arms of any of the HOT guys around .(Even though I would have) She's been through some stuff and it broke my heart a little bit when I found out what had happened to her.Even though sometimes you feel as if she should do something.. her hands are tied.She's caught up in something that she can't get out of and she needs help.I liked her .There were parts when I admired her too.

Chris is one character I liked a lot.Some chapters are told from his point of view (LOVE!!!).I wanted to read more and more about him.I want to read more about all of the characters(even Becca) . I'm glad that this is the first book in the series.

I also loved the supernatural aspect of the novel. I've always wanted to read a book in  which people could control the elements and Storm was a dream come true! Imagine a family who can control different elements.What would happen if they all lost their temper at the same time? And what would happen if they started to fight? Brigid (the author) is awesome enough to answer some of the questions I just asked in the novel..

I found this idea to be pretty unique.

When I finished this novel all I could think was WHAT? IT'S OVER? BUT I WANT MORE!!! 

After I finished the preview of Spark all I could think was I NEED MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




Overall,this is one book you need to read.It is made of AWESOME! Brigid Kemmerer BOOK #2 better come out quick! I find it hard to believe that this book is by a 2012 debut author.


My Rating:
5/5 

LOVE!!!!!! 


Because this book is so awesome I'm giving away a Kindle version of Storm in  my   500 Followers Giveaway! Pre-order of Book #2 is also up for grabs.




A feature on this blog in which I highlight books that 
 people may  have never heard of.They could be by Indie authors or just books that were released but didn't leave a mark.They could even be books that are yet to be released.This time I'm featuring Storm

8 comments:

  1. I am in love with Brigid Kemmerer's characters and writing style. Your review was right on target.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your review, and I totally agree - this book was all kinds of awesome :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the review! This book has caught my eye for a while now (mostly because of the guys on the covers! *swoon*) and now I'm pretty sure I'm going to move it to the top of my TBR list. So thank you for the great review! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad to hear that this one doesn't fall into love square or swoony main character territory. How refreshing! This is definitely moving up on my list, it looks amaaaazing. Nice review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review. I have seen this book on a few blogs, and after reading another positive review, I will definitely read it. Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The real reason I wanted to read this story was because it was NOT about vampires, werewolves, angels or demons! No, this is about human nature and tangible powers. And, Come On, four hottie, bad boy brothers with super powers and aggressive behavior. I was in heaven just listening to them talk to each other and plan revenge. After reading the free chapters, I HAD to download the rest of the book and I was not disappointed. Brigid Kemmerer is the master at witty dialogue and her characters are awesome!

    Normally, when you read stories about brothers, they are written separately and you never see them all together. This is different in that you get all the siblings interacting with each other bickering and joking. They are all alpha males with four different elemental powers of fire, water, air and earth. They are all, to differing degrees, bad boys but sweet underneath. Becca and her friend Quinn are excellent secondary characters and add a lot to the story. Just as in Elemental, Seth and Tyler are bent on getting the boys to use their powers in order to get the Elemental Guides to come kill the Merrick brothers. Becca gets caught in the middle when she helps save Chris and he becomes "attached" to her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Netherland's review is my (Bookrunner)review on Amazon word for word. Although flattered that you appreciate my review enough to want to take credit for it, it is dishonorable and you should give credit to the source or come up with your own thoughts.

      Delete
  7. 4 brothers plus elemental power? sounds terrific! definitely will check this out.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and your blog link(if you have one).I LOVE comments!! I read all the comments on my blog and will try to pay a visit to your blog :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...